Note: Many programs listed require registration, have already begun, and are offered as a part of a series. Enrollment may be filled by the date you view it here. Please consult program webpages (under "Programs and Events" tab) or call our office for additional details.
- Gear up for Plant A Row for the Hungry donation drop-offs and resource sharing, returning on Tuesdays in June. Details here.
- The Teaching Garden changes daily. Wander through while in the City's municipal center and look for display boxes with TIP OF THE MONTH sheets to read there or take home with you.
- The Little Free Library is a place to stop to take or give books, not only for young readers & with seating that invites lingering for a moment at any age.
- Grow. Eat. Live, "Be A Helping Hand" is in progress at the Chesapeake Health Department. Learn about this collaboration under the Programs and Events tab. Watch the Chesapeake Master Gardeners Facebook page for invitations & updates.
- Help Desks are found on 1st and 3rd Wednesdays at Food Truck Hump Days on the Great Bridge Waterways.
- Ready Set Grow teams are at schools throughout May.
The Green Thumb Series has two more sessions this month:
MAY 3: Busy Bees and Their Friends - Bees and other pollinators
MAY 10: Best Small Trees for the Landscape - Selections and basic care for small & understory trees
Click here for additional details and to find registration link.
MAY 7: (Saturday) Warm season planting begins at the Chesapeake Health Department's Grow Eat Live, Be A Helping Hand demonstration community garden.
MAY 14: (Saturday) Rain Barrel Classes travel again to a Chesapeake community center. Master Gardeners will conduct a class at the Camelot Community Center this month. Community Center class registrations are through Parks, Recreation and Tourism and the Leisure Guide. You can find more details under the Programs and Events tab above.
MAY 21: (Saturday) Rain Barrel Class at the Agricultural Extension Trailer in Great Bridge. Click here for additional details and scan down for the registration form, through the VCE office for this class.
If you are a Chesapeake Master Gardener (or one of our program partners) and want to share an event that is currently not listed, please let us know. NOTE: Our CMG Calendar (linked to the left) has been created solely for Chesapeake Master Gardeners and includes advanced education and volunteer opportunities that may not be listed on our public calendar. Intern training dates are available via Intern Corner.